"A word after a word after a word is power" - Margaret Atwood

BRIDGET WHELAN

A blog for readers and writers

A blog about the stories we tell each other and how we tell them...

Saturday 17 July 2010

WRITE or DIE -- the cure to writer's block

I've just discovered an amazing website that forces you to write.
You type in how many words to want to write over what period (dipping my toe in I said 300 words in 10 minutes - actually did 218 in14.5 which is not at all bad for me and it was from a standing start. I had fully intended to dip into Facebook and then write up the action plan from Friday morning's meeting and there I was typing a  prison scene).
The website nags you with loud classical music to keep you going (and perhaps other things I have yet to discover...you can opt for an evil mode).
Brilliant psychology....
There is a free online version and a desktop one that costs $10.
Deadlines are a piece of cake from now on.
Click on the title of this post to go to WRITE OR DIE. Try it and let me know how you get on.

No comments: