"A word after a word after a word is power" - Margaret Atwood

BRIDGET WHELAN

A blog for readers and writers

A blog about the stories we tell each other and how we tell them...

Friday 18 June 2010

Letters NOT to send to an agent

From SLUSHPILE HELL the blog of an American literary agent
I would like to submit both my screenplay, short screenplay, animation/children’s screenplay, teleplay, travel series, novel, and memoir for your consideration.
Okay, you talked me into it. Send them all to me. In a big box.
I understand you’re interested in historical fiction submissions, filled with both action and intrigue.
Both action AND intrigue? No.
My novel is a sumptuous feast of meticulously researched historical fact and superbly crafted fiction.
Burp.
No one can put this manuscript down and not finish reading it. 
Just did. 


You can get to Slushpile Hell by clicking on the title of this post

No comments: