"A word after a word after a word is power" - Margaret Atwood

BRIDGET WHELAN

A blog for readers and writers

A blog about the stories we tell each other and how we tell them...

Wednesday 5 May 2010

A Brighton Weekend SATURDAY

Saturday Afternoon and my first taste of the Open Houses for this year. You get to see beautiful paintings AND inside people's houses, what's not to like. I was floating in and out of one in Poets' Corner, admiring the felt textiles and artworks and taking a quick look around the kitchen (nice work surfaces) when a girl I did my teacher training came down the stairs. I was in her home without realizing it.
Saturday Evening The first night of Tales from the Coffee House at Cafe Moksha, opposite St Peter's in Central Brighton. While you sip a glass of wine or down an expresso the show happens around you and pretty soon you find you're part of it. I ended up being bridesmaid at a wedding and I am not entirely sure how that happened...with fine acting and witty impro means it is different every night.  Go see it. Go be part of it. I really do recommend it.
More dates to come: 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 20th,21st, 22nd May 7.30 pm £6 (£5) Tickets 012730 709709 or just turn up on the night.

No comments: