"A word after a word after a word is power" - Margaret Atwood

BRIDGET WHELAN

A blog for readers and writers

A blog about the stories we tell each other and how we tell them...

Friday 16 December 2011

Is 2012 the year it all changes?

Read today on a technical website that Amazon in America are shipping one million Kindle products a week in the run up to Christmas. Haven't seen the figures for the UK but I bet they are comparable. 
I'm just wondering if our fitted, craftsman-built and amazingly stylish bookshelves (that are still waiting for the first book to grace their elegant proportions - they're thirsty for a third coat of Danish oil apparently) are now hopelessly out dated. 
And yes, I have put a Kindle on my Father Christmas list

3 comments:

Lauraajk said...

I don't think books will ever disappear. If nothing else, there are always people who will collect/retain them :-)

victoriabantock said...

Hi,

Just to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award in my blog post today veebeewriter.wordpress.com

Victoria

victoriabantock said...

Hi,

Just to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award in my blog post today veebeewriter.wordpress.com

Victoria